Introduction to Primitive Skills
Our Intro to Primitive Skills offers a one-day, crash course in all things primitive.
Spend this hands-on day learning the basics of the primitive world, including:
- Basic Stone Tools – fracture planes, pressure flaking, blades, and retouch
- Cordage – basic reverse wrap, splicing, processing plants
- Pitch Glue – how to make Nature’s epoxy!
- Hafting – attaching shafts/handles to primitive tools
- Containers/Sheath – make a twined sheath for your knife!
- Friction fire
- Primitive Life & Shelters – tour the shelters at our field site and learn about living life in the wild – totally primitively
By the end of the day, you’ll have made a stone knife blade, attached it to a handle using pitch & hand-made cordage, and fashioned a sheath to hold it on your belt. You’ll also receive a private tour and discussion of our on-site primitive shelters – and what it’s like to live in them.
Register For This Course